400gm small lamb leg/400gm of beef with bones(wash/clean) boil into 1.5litre of water on slow fire till tender.. (i will keep the pot in the fridge overnite to let the fat hardened on the surface and scoop away)
Meanwhile i will cut the meat into slices and leave aside. ** Leave the stock(1.5litre) on slow fire and let simmers hot. If you are not using the instant paste... you can try my recipe( see below)
Add in the instant Dessa mee bandung paste to the stock
I like the gravy to more spicy and i have added 2 tablespoon fresh cili paste, dash of black and white pepper and 1tablespoon of tomato sauce. Let it simmers hot and add in the cornflour that was provided in the packing...
Individual serving bowl:
Blanch the yellow noodle, cut chye sim vegetable, bean sprouts and arrange as shown in picture below.
Blanch the fresh prawn in the gravy till cook... and arrange the prawn and slice meat in the bowl.
1 cup of gravy into a small pan on medium fire and break 1 egg let it poached and transfer the poached egg into the serving bowl ....
add a generous amount of the mee bandung gravy and garnish with crispy fried onions.
My mee bandung paste recipe
3 to 4 tablespoon of chilli paste
1 tablespoon of garlic paste
5 shallot.. grind into a paste
3 to 4tablespoon of dried prawn soaked and rinsed well (place prawn in a sieve under running water and rub it with yr finger till clean .. grind it till fine)
1. Add about 3 to 4tablespoon of canola oil in a frying pan.
Once the oil becomes hot add in the chilli paste, garlic paste,shallot paste and grind dried prawn and cook till fragrant( if the paste is dry .. add about 3 to 4tablespoon of water and let it simmer to slightly crispy paste)
2. Transfer this paste into the stock**(see above instruction) and let simmer hot,
3. Add in 1 tablespoon of oyster/mushroom sauce
4. Add 3 to 4 tablespoon of tomato sauce...
5. Add 2 fresh tomato cut in wedges
6. Add sugar, salt, white pepper and black pepper to your taste. let the gravy simmer hot.
7. Add in 1 to 2 cups of fresh prawn shelled (washed/clean) into the gravy till cook and scoop out the prawn and put aside.
8. Add 1 to 2 tablespoon of cornflour in 1 cup of water and stir well using a fork add this mixture into the hot simmers gravy and keep stirring till you see a thick texture. (if the grav texture is thick, add hot water to dilute the gravy a bit)
The gravy should be slightly sweet, a bit of sour and spicy taste
PS.. in origingal recipe.. fresh tomato, tomato sauce and oyster/mushroom sauce not added or used and instead of poached egg .. egg are fry sunny side up.