Monday, October 12, 2009
Spicy Fried Beehoon
Cook this yesterday evening... the recipe as follows
Soaked one packet of beehoon in container fill with tap water for about for 1 hour
Deshelled the prawn ( i use 1 cup of fresh prawn)
1 cup of beef slice
Wash and cut the green vegetable (i use chye sim)
some beansprout (taugeh)
1. about 5 clove of garlic and 5 shallot ( using the coffee blender to grind till fine).
2. about 1cup chilli paste.
3. Heat the wok with some canola oil and fry the garlic and shallot paste and add in the chilli paste.
4. Fry till the ingredients turn crispy.
5. Add in the 1 cup of beef slice and add half cup of water .. let simmers till the beef is tender and cook.
6. Add in 2tablespoon of tomato sos, 1 tablespoon of mushroom sos, and some vinegar ( you can use lime)
7. Add in the prawn .. stir for 1 or 2 mins.
8. Add in green vegetable and stir till the vege cook.
9. Add some salt and if you like, you can add some beef stock...
10. Add in the beehoon and stir well till all the ingredients mix well...
11. Make a well in the centre and add in the beansprout and cover it with beehoon. and cover the wok for 2 to 3 mins.
12. Stir again till the beansprout and beehoon well mix.
13. When serving .. add some fried shallot and some green pickles