1 packet of bee hoon (soaked with water till soft and drained)
1 bowl of fresh prawns
1 medium size big onion
4 cloves of garlic
4 slices of ginger
put onion,garlic and ginger into blender and grind till fine
some cut vegetables chye sim (separate the stalk and the leaves)
some bean sprouts
some cut tomatoes
1-2 cubes of knorr beef stock - No added Msg
1) Heat the wok and add 1/2 ladle of canola oil.
2) Add in the grinded onion, garlic and ginger ... fry till you smell the wonderful aroma :)
3) Add in 1 to 2 cups of hot water and add the chye sim stalk let it simmers.
4) Add in 2 cubes of beef stock and add in the chye sim leaves , tomatoes and the fresh prawns.
5) Add some dash of white pepper..
6) Now the bee hoon and stir well. Make well in the centre of the bee hoon and add in the beansprouts and cover the bee hoon over the bean sprouts. Cover the wok and let it cook for less than 10mins with slow fire. Stir and mix well.
7) Garnish with fried onions and chinese parsley and spring onions. Serve with pickles green chillies.
Pickled green chillies
5-10 green chillies cut into thin round slice
Place the slice chillies in a small pyrex bowl.
Pour 1cup hot water , 3-4tablespoons of vinegar and a pinch of salt over the chillies.
Let the chillies soaked.